Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hello...

Welcome to "Y the World Goes 'Round." I am a Gen Y'er straight out of college with an insatiable desire and curiosity for the true, the good, and the kinda interesting. And, here is where I'll home my utterly biased, completely skewed, and unarguably prejudiced observations of the world around me. I won't exhaust myself by writing prose completely void of my subjective opinion. I don't think that's worth while or even possible. One of the witty authors I've read, Oscar Wilde, once said, "Be yourself, everyone else is taken." And, that's what I intend to do. I am a son. I am a friend. I am a working professional. I am a learner of life, and I am part of a group of individuals so arbitrarily labeled, Generation Y.

Now, my intention is not to waste countless hours of my life in cyberspace to explain to the random passersby why my Generation is misunderstood, misrepresented, and desperate for attention. Rather, I hope to create a log of all those fleeting sparks of interest, anger, and inquiry that would otherwise be lost, and if anyone happens to find it interesting, so be it. 'Til next time.

Gen Y Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment